16 February 2010

Operation Dog Necklaces

Lucy and Francesca are house dogs who don't venture beyond the backyard very often. The clanking of their tags long ago grew tiresome and wearing collars all the time didn't look so comfortable. However, should they ever get out, they need some sort of identification so I had them microchipped and I made beaded necklaces for them with their names and my phone number.

After trying many different types of wire and clasps that all eventually broke; I have settled on ultra heavy duty steel cable and permanently crimped fasteners. These necklaces aren't going anywhere! 
My household pliers didn't quite do the job so we loaded doggies in the car and set off for our neighborhood Lowe's where Chris and Philip went far above their call of duty to attach the necklaces!   


No comments:

Post a Comment